Parents Area

Closures and Absences

Harrison Day Nursery will be closed for a week over Christmas and on all Bank Holidays. Term dates for funded children will be issued at the beginning of the academic year. The Nursery will still charge fees for the following absences: Sickness, days off, all Bank Holidays, Christmas holiday and any holidays.

Payment of Fees

Fees are payable a month in advance. Fees are calculated across the year to give a set monthly fee. Non-payments can result in your child being excluded from nursery. Any extra sessions must be paid either on or before the date required.

Policies and Procedures

All of our Policies and Procedures are available for parents to read on request. For more information, please don’t hesitate to speak to Jane (Nursery Manager) or Jennifer (Deputy) by calling 0151 512 1046.

Free Places for 2 Year Olds (Early Education Grant Funding)

Your child may be eligible to claim a free funded place at Harrison Day Nursery through the local authority. The grant entitles eligible child to 15 hours of free childcare per week throughout term time. For more details and to find out if your child is eligible please contact us or read our Early Years Entitlement FAQs.

Childcare Tax Credits

You could get up to 70% of the childcare costs you’re claiming for, up to a maximum of £175 a week for one child, and £300 a week for two or more children. For more information on eligibility and how to claim tax credits, you can visit

Childcare From Your Employer

Exempt from tax and National Insurance

There are different types of childcare support your employer might provide where you don’t have to pay tax or National Insurance contributions. These are:

  • childcare vouchers
  • directly contracted childcare (childcare arranged by your employer with a specific provider)
  • workplace nurseries

Not exempt from tax and National Insurance

You have to pay tax and National Insurance on support if your employer offers:

  • cash to pay for childcare
  • childcare fees paid direct to the childcare provider
  • school fees paid direct

Support While You Study

Discretionary Learner Support

If you’re 20 or over and on a further education course you may be able to get Discretionary Learner Support to pay for childcare. Each college has its own scheme so contact the college direct to find out more.

Childcare Grant

If you’re in full-time higher education you can apply for a Childcare Grant to pay for childcare costs for children under 15, or under 17 if they have special needs.

Care to Learn

Care to Learn payments go direct to your childcare provider to pay for childcare costs. You may be able to get Care to Learn if you’re under 20 and caring for your own child.

For more information on support and eligibility visit